Testosterone is an important hormone for people of all genders. Symptoms of testosterone deficiency (low T) can include:
- Low libido
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Low energy or fatigue
- Mood or cognition changes
- Decreased muscle mass
Testosterone declines with age; however, symptoms of low testosterone can affect men at any age, and low testosterone treatment may improve symptoms.
Understanding and diagnosing the cause of testosterone deficiency is important. The diagnostic workup may include:
- Comprehensive medical history including current and previous medications
- Detailed physical exam
- Blood tests
We don’t treat patients based solely on abnormal lab values—instead, we individualize and customize care based on severity of symptoms, lab test results, and patient goals.
Treatments may include:
- Lifestyle modifications
- Medications that preserve fertility and sperm concentration
- Men who want to conceive children should never use testosterone replacement therapy because it decreases sperm count. Alternative methods are available.
- Monitored testosterone replacement therapy with