Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Erectile dysfunction is the inability to obtain or maintain an erection. This can occur at any age. There are many causes of ED and finding a precise diagnosis allows us to tailor treatment to the individual’s or couple’s specific needs.
Diagnostic workup may include:
- Comprehensive medical history including current and previous medications
- Detailed physical exam
- Blood tests
- Penile ultrasound with Doppler technology to look for structural abnormalities, abnormal blood flow, scar tissue, or penile curvature.
Once we establish a diagnosis, we work with each patient to create a customized erectile dysfunction treatment plan.
This may include:
- Behavioral and lifestyle changes
- Couples and sex therapy
- Specialized physical therapy
- Vacuum assist devices
- Penile injections
- Penile prosthesis surgery
Penile prosthesis: When conservative treatment strategies fail, a penile prosthetic implant is a successful method of achieving reliable and rigid erections. Dr. Rubin has advanced training and special expertise in penile prosthetic surgery. She offers a variety of different implant options tailored to each patient’s specific needs.