Lucy Davies Treene, a certified Physician Assistant, has helped women through infertility treatment and by addressing sexual health issues across the reproductive spectrum for more than 20 years. She has been an integral part of Dr. James A. Simon’s care team since 1996.
Lucy’s passion is helping women from first to last menstrual period, all while promoting psychological well-being and restoring a full lifestyle that includes a healthy sexual life. She takes the time for patients who want to address the most intimate women’s health issues with compassion and offers leading-edge knowledge of the latest therapeutic options. Her patients range in age from adolescence to post-menopausal.
Her professional expertise includes:
- Vulvodynia, a painful and burning condition of the vulva, which may also affect the labia, clitoris, and vaginal opening; can also lead to painful intercourse.
- Vulvar Vestibulitis Syndrome, a redness and pain of this skin and the mucous secreting glands
- Painful Intercourse
- Pelvic Floor Pain
- Chronic Vaginal Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Chronic Constipation
A preeminent leader in the treatment of vulvodynia, she follows the most current vulvodynia advanced treatments and protocols. Lucy is a trusted medical health provider across the women’s health spectrum. She specializes in adolescent counseling and hormonal balancing, including conception, and pre- and post-menopausal conditions.
Lucy enjoys spending time with her husband and two children hiking in the mountains of Virginia. In addition, she is passionate about her continuing medical mission work in Kenya, educating and helping women address sexual health issues.
Lucy earned her Masters of Science in Health Sciences from George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, and became certified as a Physician Assistant in 1999. She co-authored a paper on the Effectiveness of Interferon Therapy for the Treatment of Vulvar Vestibulitis, which was presented at the International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease’s World Congress in 1999.
Patients have had a great experience with Lucy:
- “Love Lucy! She’s thoughtful, intelligent and personable…..the best.”
- “I’ve seen Lucy Treene twice and appreciate her kindness and patience. Highly, highly recommend.”
- “As always, I’m totally pleased with the professional service that Lucy Davies Treene and Lisa provided. Punctual, pleasant, easy to talk with and most of all her professional care has placed me in a more “harmonious” space than ever or anywhere before.
- I’m grateful of this establishment and have shared with my family and friends.”
- “Great patient care – Lucy takes time to listen to me, and to ask me questions to elicit information. I’m always comfortable talking about any subject or concern, and she offers good, practical solutions and advice. And Lisa, the newest staff addition, is efficient and helpful. I always look forward to my visits!”
- “I love seeing Lucy Treene! She is an expert in this field, and extraordinarily warm and supportive. If I ever move away from DC, I would travel back just to have an appointment with her.”
- “I have been going to Lucy Davies Treene for many years and would never consider a change. She is knowledgeable, warm, and thorough and truly cares about her patients. The medical field needs more people like Lucy!”